Civil Litigation Attorneys
John Cosmich was born in Biloxi, Mississippi, in 1963. He obtained his Bachelor of Accountancy degree, cum laude, from the University of Mississippi in 1985. He was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in 1988 after obtaining his law degree from the University of Mississippi. While in law school, John was a member of Phi Kappa Phi and the recipient of the J.O. Eastland Scholarship in Law. Since law school, he has been a repeat faculty member at the National Institute of Trial Advocacy Trial School.
John's primary practice areas are mass and toxic tort and commercial litigation. He has tried dozens of asbestos personal injury cases on behalf of product and premise defendants, primarily in Louisiana, Texas and California, but also in many other jurisdictions across the country, obtaining numerous defense verdicts for his clients.
John serves as national trial counsel and on national and regional trial teams for several Fortune 500 companies. Martindale-Hubbell has assigned John an “AV” rating -- its highest peer-reviewed rating for professional ability and ethics.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi
- J.D. - 1988
- Honors: Recipient: J.O. Eastland Scholarship in Law
- Honors: Member of Phi Kappa Phi
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
- Bachelor of Accountancy - 1985
- Honors: cum laude
- Mississippi, 1988
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1989
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Mississippi Bar, Member
- "AV" rating - Martindale-Hubbell
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Kappa Phi