Civil Litigation Attorneys
Location: Scottsdale Office
- Corporate Investigations and Due Diligence
- Strategic Business Solutions
- Litigation Support Services
William B. McManus is a founder of Ryley Carlock & Applewhite's nationally-known Document Control Group and is a member of the firm's Executive Committee. Bill concentrates his practice on helping companies address litigation in creative and cost-effective ways. He focuses on providing tools and ideas on streamlining litigation, including maximizing value for clients, creating effective staffing solutions, and managing legal spending. He frequently presents on topics including discovery, litigation management and cost control.
Bill has served as lead counsel in a number of multi-state, high-stakes litigation cases, and has counseled companies nationwide in litigation matters and on the subject of Document Control. Bill has a perspective developed while serving as the Chief Legal Officer for a publicly traded company and as the Chief of Litigation for a Fortune 100 company.
He is a member of Ryley Carlock's Document Control Group consisting of more than 80 attorneys and other professionals and representing Fortune 500 companies from coast-to-coast with comprehensive compliance and litigation support services.
The firm helps companies and law firms create and implement litigation strategies that maximize value by placing the right lawyers in the correct roles and not "overlawyering" matters. The firm also provides full document review services and related litigation services which can be packaged together or "unbundled," and integrated with other services and firms.
He is a cabinet member for The Sun United Way.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. - 1990
- Emporia State University
- B.S. - 1987
- Major: Business Administration and Marketing
- Arizona, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1993
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Compliance Governance Oversight Counsel, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
Classes & Seminars
- "Creating the Foundation for Litigation Readiness – Data Mapping and E-Discovery Planning," Navigant Consulting Webcast, May 2009
- "Reducing Cost Through Statistical Sampling," Navigant Consulting, February 2009
- "The Basics of Employee Records Retention," PSS Systems, April 2008
- "Records Retention, We've Come A Long Way," Petroleum Marketing Attorneys' Meeting, March 2008
- "E-Discovery Best Practices," LexisNexis, September 2007
- "E-Discovery Best Practices," LexisNexis, August 2007
- "Back to the Future: 2009 Rulings Reiterate Established Principles," Law Technology News, Co-Author, January 2010
- "Practical Guide to Instituting Legally Precise Retention Schedules," CGOC, The Council, January "Non- Parties and Electronic Discovery: Limiting the Scope and Cost of Responding to Invasive Rule 45 Subpoenas"